Can she do it? Can she really stop shopping?

Can she do it? Can she really stop shopping?

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

July Wrap Up

Yeah, August is almost over but I'm still going to wrap up July.  I'm going to skip the suspense and let you know that the stats haven't changed since the June Wrap Up, save the number of months.  But since I am pretty sure that no one survived reading the tome, here they are, updated through July.

TALLY SO FAR

Seven months completed almost within the rules.
Six successful second hand trips, five within the $40 spending limit (One went over by $5 but the month was under $80). 
Two successful public swaps, one private.
Workhorse items- bought new metallic flip flops with a gift card, boot replacement postponed 'til fall.  

I didn't make any second hand trips.  I didn't make anything.  I didn't refashion anything.  It was a rough month.  My sewing machine spent part of it, though more of August, in the shop.  My apartment looked like this- 

That is all of my clothing in plastic bags.  All of it.  It's a long and sordid story that I have a hard time getting into.  It was excruciating in a lot of ways, time, effort, coming face to face with all of my stuff, and being reminded by my piles and by others of how much I still have. 

In a fit of exhaustion I threw away three kitchen trash bags of clothing and shoes.  Yes, I threw them away without even donating.  I feel terrible about it, but there was not an ounce of effort left to deal with it all.

Now I have 30 gallons more of clothing and accessories that I am going to consign and donate.  My closet and dresser have breathing room for once.

It's been a stalemate over here lately, but most of my clothes are put away now and I'm feeling almost back to normal.  Nothing has changed in the challenge and I am still dedicated.  There will be updates on my consigning outing, maybe even outings (we'll see).  As of now I am getting close enough to the end to think about what will happen when the challenge ends.  So far, this is what I have come up with-

Custom made black leather biker jacket by J.O.D.
But, there's still a whole 'nother season til I get there.  

1 comment:

  1. Hello Jessica,
    Just a quick message to ask if you would be interested in a 'mutual' following on twitter. I am currently following you now and am awaiting for your follow-back. (#FYI I do RT's 'anytime' for all #Triathletes #Cyclists #UltraRunners & #Marathoners who follow me on Twitter and have something important they want mentioned...)

    All the very best to you and yours for the rest of 2012 and beyond Jessica . Look forward to hearing from you soon...

    Darin
    twitter.com/DarinArmstrong
    #TeamLIVESTRONG

    ReplyDelete